Why Is DOOH Audience Measurement So Important?
Digital-out-of-home advertising often takes place in public spaces and outdoor venues, making it difficult to track and measure audience engagement. However, advancements in artificial intelligence and computer vision technologies now enable us to detect and measure audience engagement more accurately. Sophisticated people counting software like Aquaji, developed by Navori Labs, provides precise measurement of audience engagement.
The benefits of audience measurement
DOOH advertising networks utilize audience measurement to gauge the size and composition of their viewers. This data helps ensure that ads shown are more relevant to the audience. By matching the viewer’s demographic profile with the displayed ads, advertisers can increase engagement and allocate their spending more effectively.
Navori Aquaji utilizes AI-powered computer vision technology to analyze real-time camera feeds. It determines the size, composition, and engagement levels of audiences exposed to out-of-home advertising. This information is invaluable to advertisers, while the audience benefits from being exposed to content that resonates with their interests. DOOH audience measurement is a crucial aspect for every advertiser and brand owner.
DOOH (Digital Out-of-Home) audience measurement offers several benefits for advertisers, media owners, and marketers. Here are some key advantages:
- Accurate Measurement: DOOH audience measurement provides more accurate and reliable data compared to traditional out-of-home advertising. It leverages advanced technologies like computer vision, machine learning, and data analytics to capture and analyze audience metrics with higher precision.
- Granular Insights: DOOH measurement allows for detailed audience segmentation and profiling. It can provide information about demographics (age, gender, ethnicity), behavior patterns, dwell time, footfall, and even emotional reactions. These insights help advertisers understand their target audience better and create more personalized and effective campaigns.
- Real-time Data: DOOH audience measurement typically provides real-time data, enabling advertisers to monitor and optimize their campaigns on the fly. This allows for timely adjustments, such as changing content, targeting specific locations or times of day, or modifying creative elements to enhance engagement and effectiveness.
- ROI Optimization: By accurately measuring audience metrics, DOOH measurement helps advertisers optimize their return on investment (ROI). It enables them to evaluate the effectiveness of their campaigns, assess reach and frequency, and make data-driven decisions to improve performance and allocate budgets more efficiently.
- Campaign Validation: DOOH audience measurement provides validation and verification of campaign delivery. Advertisers can ensure that their ads were displayed correctly, in the right locations, and at the scheduled times. This transparency helps build trust and confidence in the DOOH medium.
- Planning and Targeting: DOOH measurement data aids in campaign planning and targeting. Advertisers can identify high-traffic locations, peak hours, and specific audience segments to maximize the impact of their ads. This precision targeting reduces wastage and ensures that messages reach the intended audience effectively.
- Data-driven Insights: The wealth of data collected through DOOH audience measurement can provide valuable insights beyond immediate campaign performance. Advertisers can uncover trends, patterns, and correlations that inform future marketing strategies, content creation, and audience engagement approaches.
What is an “opportunity to see”?
The term “opportunity to see” or OTS indicates how often a person has come in contact with an ad, so the OTS metric is used to measure an ad campaign’s success or effectiveness. Navori Aquaji lets DOOH advertisers select an object, a zone, or an entire DOOH display in the audience’s path, and then it scans the scene to determine if the monitored item or area is within a person’s field of view. Every time this happens, an OTS is registered.
What are “conversions”?
Conversions are validated views or engagements where a person notices an item or an ad. While there are many DOOH audience measurement software on the market that can detect basic interactions, few can detect conversions accurately. Only AI-enhanced software can perform sophisticated head movement tracking to record conversions.
What makes Aquaji better at collecting DOOH advertising metrics?
Aquaji records conversions when individuals direct their head and field of vision towards a specific angle of the targeted object, zone, or DOOH display. Aquaji can detect when someone looks at a screen, determine what they looked at, and measure how long they paid attention to the content shown. By monitoring the audience’s attention span, Aquaji can assess the effectiveness of your advertising and the quality of your messaging based on each viewer’s profile.
Unlike common people counting software that may encounter issues with foot traffic and duplicate readings, Aquaji’s computer vision algorithm, powered by AI, ensures accurate tracking of opportunities to see (OTS) and conversions. This leads to more comprehensive and precise metrics, which are essential for users of DOOH advertising.
DOOH (digital out-of-home) advertising effectively reaches the target audience. Placing ads in busy areas ensures visibility. But merely placing an ad doesn’t guarantee success. It’s important to engage and resonate with the target audience. Measuring the DOOH audience helps.
Tracking viewers and analyzing their responses allows adjustments to optimize the campaign. In a competitive market, reaching the intended audience is crucial for success.